Editorships of Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Michael Glantz, Editorial Board, Global Environmental Change (1990-present).
- Michael Glantz, Editorial Board, Colorado Journal of International
Environmental Law (1989-present).
- Michael Glantz, Editorial Board, Reports to the Nation (1997-present).
- Richard Katz, Editorial Board, Extremes: Statistical Theory and Applications in Science, Engineering and Economics.
- Richard Katz, Editorial Board, Climatic Change (1985-present).
- Linda Mearns, Editorial Board, Climatic Change (1990-present).
- Linda Mearns, Editorial Board, Climate Research (1989-present).
Scientific, Policy, or Educational Committees, Advisory Panels, Boards
- John Firor, Fellow of the American Meteorological Society (AMS).
- John Firor, Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- John Firor, Scientific Advisory Committee, Winslow Foundation,
- John Firor, Advisory Board, Natural Resources Law Center, University of
- John Firor, Trustee, Environmental Defense Fund, 1974-present. Chair,
- John Firor, Trustee, World Resources Institute, 1982-present.
- Michael Glantz, UNU (United Nations University) Project Coordinator,
Socioeconomic Impacts of El Niño, 1998-2002.
- Michael Glantz, Advisory Board, Global Terrestrial
Observing System (GTOS) of the FAO/UNEP/WMO/ICSU, June 1996-present.
- Michael Glantz, Member of
Inter-Agency Task Force On El Niño for IDNDR (International
Decade for Natural Disaster Reduction), 1998.
- Michael Glantz, Organizing Committee for Workshop on Global Change and
Protected Areas, to be held September 1999 in Abruzzo,
- Michael Glantz, Nominated Expert in support of the UN Framework
Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), January 1997-present.
- Michael Glantz, US Representative, Trade Convergency Climate Complex
International Network (TC3Net). Also on Regional Coordinating
Committee of TC3Net, January 1997-present.
- Michael Glantz, Advisor, Indochina Global Change Network (IGCN), 1997-2000.
- Michael Glantz, Member of Environmental Literacy Council, a program
focusing on environmental education K-12, 1998.
- Michael Glantz, Member of the Scientific Advisory Panel, Southeast Asian
Regional Committee for START (Global Change System for Analysis, Research
and Training), 1996-present.
- Michael Glantz, Member of the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) for
the World Climate Impact Assessment and Response Strategies Programme
(WCIRP) of the UN Environment Programme, 1980-present.
- Michael Glantz, Steering Committee, Center for Environmental Journalism,
University of Colorado, 1992-present.
- John Magistro, Committee Member of the Political Ecology Society
Organization (PESO), 1995-present.
- John Magistro, Program Committee Member, 1999 Annual Meeting
to be held in Tucson, Arizona, in April 1999, Society for Applied
- Linda Mearns, Member, IPCC Task Force on Climate Change Scenarios, 1996-present.
- Linda Mearns, Member, NOAA Human Dimensions Program Proposal Review
- Linda Mearns, Member, NOAA/NASA Proposal Review Panel, 1995-present.
- Kathleen Miller, Member, National Academy of Sciences/National Research
Council Panel on the Human Dimensions of Seasonal-to-Interannual Climate
- Kathleen Miller, Member, Steering Committee for the Southwest Region
of the U.S. National Assessment Team, 1996-present.
- Kathleen Miller, Member, Oversight Committee, National Research
Council Assessment of Future Roles, Challenges and Opportunities for
the U.S. Geological Survey, 1996-present.
- Roger Pielke, Jr., Member, Committee on Societal Impacts,
American Meteorological Society, 1996-present.
- Roger Pielke, Jr., Member, Panel on Risk, Vulnerability, and the True
Costs of Coastal Hazards, The H. John Heinz III Center for Science,
Economics, and the Environment, 1997-present.
- Roger Pielke, Jr., Member, Task Committee on Mitigating Hydrological
Disasters, American Society of Civil Engineers, 1997-present.
- Roger Pielke, Jr., Member, Science Steering Committee, U.S. Weather
Reserach Program, 1997-present.